While Instagram offers a lot of features for its users, it still doesn’t offer an official way to post pictures and videos from your desktop.
But of course, users always find alternatives. there are ways to post to Instagram from your computer if you get a little creative. Doing so gives you more flexibility in what you can upload such as edited videos and pictures.
There are a few ways you can post on Instagram from your desktop. It all depends on which operating system you are using.
Below, I’ll list the most effective ways to post from your PC or your Mac
How to post on Instagram from a PC
To post on Instagram from your PC, you need to have Google Chrome. If you don’t have Chrome, download it from here.
Once you have it, follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram.com on your Chrome browser.
- Go to the settings of your browser by tapping on the three dots on the right side. From there click on More tools then Developer’s tools.
- You’ll then see the developer window for Chrome
- This window allows developers to test and debug their websites and apps — but we’re going to use it for Instagram. Tap the mobile button.
- hen select which mobile interface you’d like to use under the dropdown window.
- Once you’ve chosen a mobile interface you’d like to use, refresh the page and you’ll then see the mobile interface on your browser. You are now able to post on Instagram from your desktop as you would on your phone!
You’ll be able to post multiple images, videos, as well as a mix of both from here.
There’s also a host of third-party apps you can use to post on Instagram via your PC, such as Deskgram.
You can use Deskgram as a desktop version of Instagram. You can use it to upload high-quality photos directly from your browser. Unlike some of these apps, you run Deskgram from the web, so there is no need to install the software.
You can use Deskgram on Windows, Mac, and Linux machines. All you need is a copy of Google Chrome and the Deskgram Extension for Chrome.
Although Deskgram is great for creating image posts, video uploads are not currently possible in the Windows version.
How to post on Instagram from a Mac
To post on Instagram from a Mac, you can use Google Chrome just like in the directions above. Or you can use Mac’s default browser Safari.
For Safari, follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram.com on your Safari browser.
- Go to the Preferences menu of Safari. Click Advanced.
- In this menu, check the box next to the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- The Develop menu will now appear at the top menu bar. In the Develop menu, click User Agent, then choose which mobile interface you’d like to see. It should populate with the latest iPhone iOS.
- The web page will refresh once you make your choice. You can now upload posts onto Instagram from your Mac the way you normally would with your mobile device
There’s also a host of third-party apps you can download to post on Instagram via your Mac, such as Flume.
Flume is an app tailor-made to bring Instagram to your Macbook. You’ll be able to scroll through your feed, and like and comment on posts.
And yes, you can post to Instagram via Flume.
Some tools are designed specifically for using Instagram from a PC:
I have listed some of the most effective tools you can use on a desktop.
As a type of content that’s known to increase audience engagement, live-streamed video can be of tremendous help for cultivating a following on any social network.
The only problem is that you can’t create content for Instagram Live on a PC or Mac — you can only do it on the Instagram smartphone app. Because of it, you’re forced to rob your audience of the great production value you could deliver with even the basic tools available for desktop computers.
But not anymore. With this tool, you can instantly create a live stream on Instagram from your Macbook Pro, PC, Linux, and more. Streaming to Instagram is simple, and the setup is almost the same as if you were to stream on any other live video streaming website or service.
Desktop App for Instagram™
This is a Chrome extension that tweaks the Desktop Instagram version to look exactly like the mobile app. Launch the app with an icon, click on your toolbar, and enjoy a clean, mobile app-style UI, loaded into a separate popup window.
It is always up to you what kind of tools and apps you want to use with your app or PC because mostly it depends on your brand, business, and practice.